Monday, February 12, 2018

Sent It a Little Too Hard...

I have been skiing as long as I can remember. My family would go skiing several times a winter in Michigan. We would pack a huge lunch at stay at the resort all day. We would book a room for a week and ski way up north at Boyne Highlands.



My parents went on a skiing trip to Whistler Blackcomb in Canada in 2001. My mom tore her ACL on the first run. She said it did not hurt when it happened, but she heard a pop and could not move twist her leg after. She had surgery, but she does not ski now.







I was skiing with some friends on January 20th at Perfect North Slopes in Lawrenceburg, Indiana. We had a super fun day. Towards the end of the night, I was stopping at the bottom of a run and I cut to stop on, and I hit ice and fell. What I thought I heard was my skis scratching on the ice, was actually my ACL and MCL tearing. I have already started my physical therapy and my surgery will be on March 8th.


I am not able to bike in Little 500 this year, and I will not be able to wakeboard or wakesurf until next summer. I was also planning on going on the IU Snowski trip during winter break next school year, and that is out of the picture now. My goal is to make a full recovery and be able to still do the physical activities I love, after my recovery.


Be Positive, Be Preppy,
- Miranda Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment