Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Not Lackin While Kayaking

Everyone has different passions, and it is important to figure out what those are. While working this summer at Main Channel Marina I had the opportunity to learn more about boats, lake culture, and water sports. My love for the lake grew bigger everyday. Growing up I remember visiting my Aunt Kellie, Uncle Wilby, and my cousin Cassie at Dewart Lake, and I had the amazing opportunity to live on Dewart this summer thanks to them. This gave me the chance to explore the lake everyday and pick up on water sports.


I moved to Dewart in early May; there was not much activity on the lake yet. I wanted to get out on the water so I purchased a 10 foot Sun Dolphin kayak from Dunham's. (TIP: Dunham's gives a 10% student discount and a 10% military discount.) It was a spectacle watching me put this kayak on my car. After 20 minutes of me looking like a fool, a very nice man and his wife offered to help me.


Taylor Parker (T-Park) came and visited me for a weekend in July. Bless Taylor's heart, but she does not like the water. However, she was a trooper and kayaked to the island and back. By the end of her visit, she ended up loving kayaking.


Whether it is painting sunsets or shaving lamas, find your passion and do what you love.

Be Positive, Be Preppy
-Miranda Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment