Monday, February 13, 2017

Stop and Look Around

This past week was Babe Week at Bethel College. Babe Week's purpose is to remove distractions in your life so you can focus on improving yourself. A lot of girls gave up social media or Netflix. I had said that I was not going to give up my social media because of my blog, however I was extremely busy with homework and a lot of other things that I really had no time to write posts. This week has given me the chance to pause and look at my life.


My birthday was on Wednesday. I woke up to Taylor Parker's beautiful face beginning me a Rise and Roll doughnut and pineapple for breakfast. Logan, Taylor Parker, Brooke, and I went to Soho's for dinner. Soho is a Japanese sushi and hibachi grill. The food was amazing and the whole experience was great besides the fact that Taylor Parker is severely allergic to eggs and she almost died about twelve times, but its all good now. After dinner we went to Blaze Pizza so Taylor Parker could eat, then we went to the South Bend Chocolate Factory Cafe. Logan got me some truffles and they were delicious. It was a great day and I am blessed to have such great friends.


I think of my birthday as my personal new year. Every year I think about where I am in life and what I need to improve. I decided that I am going to focus on living in the situations that are currently happening. I get easily caught up in the next step of my life and I do not take time to enjoy where I am or who is around me. I want to stop worrying about the future so I can love and enjoy the people I am around now. I am blessed to know the amazing people I do and I need to recognize how thankful I should be for these people and situations.

Be Positive, Be Preppy
-Miranda Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment